Sunday, December 17, 2006

MEMORIES !!!


While sitting on my porch on a glum day,
I realised how the world has changed today.

Where once people who called themselves 'My friends';
Turn a blind eye to me today and deem offence.

Where once I was the Apple of all eyes,
Today suddenly seemed to have vanished from their sight.

I was young, full of life, enthusiastic and adorable,
Being hit by a DISEASE today has had me crippled.

I live in seclusion now, untouched, uncared for,
My very OWN have rejected me, why and what for?

I ask not for money, name or fame.
But just those moments that we shared the same.

Please ! Oh Please, give me those moments back,
That I can take to my grave, on my way back !

1 Comments:

At 9:00 pm , Blogger Mitchelle Carvalho said...

This one was one of those Spur of the moment poems written by me...

This poem holds a special place in my heart since I wrote it on Aids Awareness Day...

And this poem is dedicated to all those who suffer from AIDS and are trying to live their life the normal way !!!

Cheers !!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home