Saturday, May 10, 2008

Must-watch Movies...

Time: 22:59 IST
Topic: 5 Best Movies that have made me go... ENCORE!!!
I will go in reverse order, cause as they say, SAVE THE BEST FOR THE LAST!
Number 5: Bhootnath (2008)
Cast: Amitabh Bachchan (GOD of Indian Cinema), Aman Siddiqui (cho cute!!!), Juhi Chawla (her best, as usual) and Shah Rukh Khan (well, lets just there...there is nothing much he could do here)
Review: Don't be surprised at that last comment, no offence, but the movie clearly belonged to Big B and Small A. Their timing was simply superb. One of the best movies I managed to catch after the horrendous Tashan and Krazzy 4 (I must have been on sedatives for these ones, I am sure!!!). Everything was placed well, though I still believe the second half could have been better in editing. It was great fun to watch kids and parents around me in the movie hall, roar with laughter and cry with an innocence of a new-born. I lost myself for a while too, keeping all my workplace worries and home thoughts out of the window. All in all, GOOD FUN!!!

Number 4: Taare Zameen Par (2007).
Cast: Darsheel Safary, Darsheel Safary, Darsheel Safary.
Review: The movie clearly belonged to this eight-year old wonder! I am still amazed on how Aamir Khan managed to lay his hands on this kid, he surely reminded me of The Kid from Charlie Chaplin's plays... The movie was great fun with a message on Dyslexia (which I think is the latest fad, just like Size Zero)... There were certain scenes from the movie that instantly reminded me of my school days like the scene where all the kids were gathered for the morning assembly and some kids were shown yawning, digging their noses and lots more...something that we would often do during our school assemblies (yawning, I mean ;) )... The movie scores in the second half after Aamir Khan comes in as Ram Nikumb - The Arts teacher, but the audiences only wanted more on Darsheel... I loved the way the song, Taare Zameen Par was pictured, especially with all the lesser blessed children (SECRET: I cried like a baby)... You must watch this movie once, for Darsheel...

Number 3: Princess Diaries 1 & 2, Enchanted, Gameplan (All Disney Movies).
These are real Pop-corn movies that make you want to take a day's leave and watch for its sheer nonsense and innocence. These movies definitely lift my mood that the gory ones my brother makes me watch (eg. SAW Series, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Grudge, Ring and all of those!!!).
I am a very clean person who doesn't like gore (Read: COWARD) and would prefer these mushy movies over the ones my brother rates higher... I sometimes do wonder, if my brother and I are actually blood-related.

Number 2: Rang De Basanti, Guru, Chak De!
These come under the patriotism genre and I quite like each one of them. Each driving a message in its own sweet way, where Rang De Basanti was a little too much to believe, Guru has definitely inspired a lot of people I know in and around, to transform themselves into entrepreneurs (successful or otherwise) and finally Chak De! for its sheer love for a game lesser known in a Cricket-crazed country like ours. Two Thumbs Up for these movies !! अवेसोमे (well, that is actually AWESOME in HINDI)

Number 1: My Brother Nikhil.
Cast: Sanjay Suri (splendid!), Juhi Chawla (again, her best) and Purabh Kohli (never knew he could emote!!!)
Review: Cried my heart out and was so happy to watch a movie so simple and moving, a movie that helped me understand that, it is not important to know how a person contracts the HIV+ virus and subsequently develops AIDS, its not about the questions a society throws at your face, but its the sheer love and support one should render to people like these, in their most trying times...
The movie takles issues like AIDS and Homosexuality with great class and sensitivity. But, what it does most importantly, is teach people to live!!!
A Zillion Thumbs Up for this Movie (and I love the song Le Chale sung by KK)
Thats all on the movie front for now...
See ya soon... till then....

Lotsa Potsa Love,
Mitchelle.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home