Saturday, May 17, 2008

Nirvana, Ambition and Sales...

Time: Sometime past Twelve Noon.

Hmmm....a weekend, a conversation and thoughts of attaining Nirvana...

Writing to you folks from my workplace (have a meeting with the management today), my day began with the same every day lazy enthusiasm for work, life and other things. Suddenly, while commuting my cell phone rang... (I have a 'Superman' tune for a Ring-tone) and saw a very familiar name flashing on my phone - my ex-boss'.... He began making conversation with the whats up and where abouts of the world and a couple of ideas for projects and led the conversation to a different mode altogether...he asked about my interests, what I manage to do in my free time, anything and everything apart from my work-life and I go, " I...um...well...actually...um...you know...haven't been.....um....er....upto much apart from work." Now, my ex-boss has seen me in my most active days, when I was not only working for him, but also completing my graduation, dancing in college festivals and teaching in a coaching class...all at the same time... So, this very happy boss suddenly turned glum and asked why I haven't been upto much off lately?? (It was very polite of him to frame his sentence in that order, you know....am sure he actually meant to ask.. "What the F*** is wrong with you?")... so, I told him that I (for some reason) am stuck with the same rut and quite surprisingly don't want to move out of this frame of life for now...

Then the talks of self-actualization and self-realization began, and contrary to what I thought would be my original reaction, I actually enjoyed the "gyan-session."

He spoke of an activity called "Vipassana" which is taught at a Vipassana Centre, at a place called Igatpuri in Maharashtra (about 136 Kms from Mumbai), this Buddha-technique of attaining peace of mind and realizing yourself can help people who want to break away from their current routine in life (read: MESS) and want to have some peace and calm all by themselves to gear up to earn a fresh lease of life. I was very intrigued by all that he said and questioned and questioned him till, even I don't remember, how long.

We spoke about a lot of things after that...books, that inspired and that well...didn't inspire, about family, friends, ambitions and finally sales and targets and Company achievements, when both of us realized that we had to get back to the things we started (me-my preparation for the meeting and him-well, he didn't tell me that), so we bade our goodbyes and promised to keep in touch and most importantly promised to join up places like these to understand ourselves and our life in all its intricacies....

So, all in all, it has been quite an enriching day so far....

Hoping for many more of such enriching experiences...maybe, a post or two, with loads of pictures and experiences from these places, shall be on the cards...

Till then...

Lotsa Potsa Love,
Mitchelle.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home