Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Talk about being in the NICK OF TIME!!!

Time: 1940 hrs IST

Ola People,

So many weeks pass by and so many events take place...
Right now at home with a suspected bout of Malaria and Viral Fever but the work just doesn't stop... Listening to Rihanna and fixing meetings for further work prospects and trying to blog, all at the same time...phew!!

Anyways, a lot happened in the past two weeks, went with a "meetings-galore" agenda by going to Delhi-Noida-Gurgaon-Delhi in three days flat...

Saw a good part of Northern India and this being my first ever trip to North India (though not for leisure) I was really looking forward to it. Now, since the flights to go to Delhi that night were booked and we had two days to spare before the meeting, my boss and I decided to go by Raajdhaani.
Now, the train was scheduled for 1813 hrs IST and my boss, who, now I learned, hasn't travelled by Mumbai Local Trains that 0ften, thought that we could easily board any local train and reach the destination for depature before time. And you know what???? He decides to tell me this at 1735 hrs IST... PANIC, PANIC, PANIC!!!
When I make him realize his folly, he does the same... PANIC PANIC PANIC... now we both somehow gather our bags and decide to hail an auto rickshaw since these guys can really zoom you to your destination when required... So, our bell-boy hires one and off we go...unfortunately, in the slowest auto-rickshaw ever...and the bloody driver was this no-signal-breaking-traffic rule-following-nincompoop who somehow managed to drop us at Kandivali Station at 1810 hrs IST.
Our next task was to board a Borivali and land on Platform No. 4 to board the Raajdhaani and with an aim to reach Borivali, I had not even realized that I entered the Gents Second Class (Bhaiyya-ful) compartment, where every Bhaiyya tried feeling me up... I wish I could sue my Company and my Boss for all the ordeal I was put through!!!! :(
And if this was not enough while our train was approaching Borivali Station, we see our very own Raajdhaani zooming past us to Platform No. 4.... PANIC PANIC PANIC

Now, if you were present to watch my state with keeping myself from being felt-up and to not panic, I was cursing so loudly that all the Bhaiyyas thought I would bash them up that very instant, what with my large frame and all, and they surprisingly gave me way to get off the train...and then....followed...the SUPER SPRINT... I would really have to thank God Almighty for putting some strength in those legs of mine...cause had you seen me running then, am sure you would have thought that I put P T USHA to shame... LOL!!!!!

Now, I somehow managed to board the Raajdhaani and though I had my travel ticket, I realized something else was Missing.... MY BOSS...OH MY GOD...PANIC PANIC PANIC!!!!
While trying to reach him, his phone was constantly engaged, which I later learned that he too was trying to reach me and by the time he took my call, the train took off, with super speed... Ohhhhh God...NO!!!!

When he finally answered my call he told me, to my relief, that he safely boarded the train...phew!!
And sheepishly said...I am sure you now know what it is like...to be in the NICK OF TIME !!!!!
Man...talk about OVER-CONFIDENCE!!!!

Still Wondering,
Mitch.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home